Thread: A Rabble of Painted Ladies

Real Name
    Victor Rakmil

A Rabble of Painted Ladies

rabble-painted-ladies-1.jpg

I have been enjoying focusing on a subject and over a period of time creating series I am pleased with. In this case I had the opportunity over several days to take some shots of Painted Lady butterflies, of which the post here is one. The rest are on my website.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: A Rabble of Painted Ladies

Checked your site the 2nd and the closeup are amazing shots.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Checked your site the 2nd and the closeup are amazing shots.
    So did I and I agree.

Have you ever thought of trying to develop your site and order things into galleries? There's a lot of good stuff on there. but it's quite hard to find it by having to trawl through very long list of images. Your stuff at the music festival is very good.

Real Name
    Victor Rakmil

Thanks, much appreciated!

Real Name
    Victor Rakmil

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    So did I and I agree.

Have you ever thought of trying to develop your site and order things into galleries? There's a lot of good stuff on there. but it's quite hard to find it by having to trawl through very long list of images. Your stuff at the music festival is very good.
    Thank you for your remarks. You hit one two things of concern.
    1. I have been looking at web site designs that are easy to navigate, accessible to Ipads etc, and that permit creating galleries out of old posts. I began the website in January as a personal challenge, the need to feed the site would keep me trying new things. But it has been a bit more successful than I expected. I am going to be asking some local resources for help in the coming months.
    2. There are pluses and minuses of focusing on a type of photography. I met some professionals last night who were adamant about this. Just as they were adamant that there was no point in becoming a nature photographer. My immediate inclination is to explore, becoming a paid professional was never my objective (it would be nice), doing work that gives me pleasure and I hope others, seemed more realistic.

Regards,

Real Name
    Victor Rakmil

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    So did I and I agree.

After some work, I followed your advice, and I created a new website, using the old address www.rakmilphotography.com
    I like the ability to set up categories and sub-categories. So people can easily look at what they like.

I hope you will take the time to visit it.

Real Name
    Alfred Forns

Hi Victor Site looks good and you do have impressive image !!!