Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Some of my 1st shots with my 1st DSLR.

Real Name
    Thinus Maritz

Some of my 1st shots with my 1st DSLR.

Please see, comment and criticise some of my first shots with my first DLSR - Canon 1100D.

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Some of my 1st shots with my 1st DSLR.

Nice and crisp on what your aiming at, try looking at your picture even after the shot and see if you notice anything you could correct by taking again, like the long dark leaf over the pansy

Mark's advice is very usefull.
    look and look again at your picture and try to find what can be improved.
    in the last one the leaf that Mark mentioned is the focus point of the image, I think you have to shoot again focusing on the flowers, that are the subject of the picture.
    keep on shooting!
    hope this helps
    Nicola

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Well done for getting right in and posting up images.

I agree with the comments the other guys have made. On that first one, whenever you have one plant behind another and then a pretty plain background, the question always to be is always 'How much depth-of-field' do I go for?' I'd tend to suggest that for something like this it might make for a better image to have both the plants in focus and the background still thrown out-of-focus. But that is all about trial and error.

The important thing is to practice, practice, practice .............. and then practice some more. And be your own hardest critic. Really be honest with yourself about what works and what doesn't work. And then come on here, tell people what your own assessment is, and ask them if they agree with you. That's one of the best ways of learning.

Real Name
    Bobo

I have seen some pretty accomplished photographers using their cell/mobile phone's camera to determine the content/composition. Good way to help visualise what the dslr shot will come out like.