Thread: Fall Colors in the Mid West

Real Name
    Kathy

Fall Colors in the Mid West

The Fall Colors are fantastic this year, here are a few photos of the colors here in the Mid West USA. Comments and Advice are welcome.

Kathy

Real Name
    Kathy

Re: Fall Colors in the Mid West

Tried some different settings with my lightroom software in the photos above let me know what you think!

Kathy

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

All of the colors look good, though you might try brightening the gold tones a bit to determine if that improves the images.

With regard to composition, the fence line gets in the way of the first two images for me. I'd prefer that you digitally remove it. Exactly the opposite, the fence line in the last one serves as a great leading line because it leads the viewer's eyes into the fall colors and because it helps make the image seem three-dimensional. That last image would be weaker without the fence line.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    All of the colors look good, though you might try brightening the gold tones a bit to determine if that improves the images.

With regard to composition, the fence line gets in the way of the first two images for me. I'd prefer that you digitally remove it. Exactly the opposite, the fence line in the last one serves as a great leading line because it leads the viewer's eyes into the fall colors and because it helps make the image seem three-dimensional. That last image would be weaker without the fence line.
    Mike,
    Thanks for looking at my photos and directing my eyes in another direction. The comments really help me look more closely when I view my photos. I did at one point brighten the gold tones and decided I liked it better this way. Thanks for the advice.

Kathy