Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Acrobat - a natural high key image

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Acrobat - a natural high key image

I think I might be having some colour management issues with some of the images I've posted recently; so I converted this one to sRGB and am hoping that this shows well.

Acrobat - a natural high key image

I carefully colour balanced the highlight skin tones: C=3%, M=12%, Y=13% and K=0; which is in the right range for a light skinned caucasian. Colours look okay on my monitor; but...

Anyways, the history on this one is that picture was taken at Upper Canada Village; which got started when the St Lawrence Seaway was being built in the early 1950's. A number of heritage buildings stood on land that was going to be flooded as a result of the Robert Moses-Robert H. Saunders Power Dam that is located near Massena NY and Cornwall ON. Some of these buildings were relocated to higher ground near the Town of Morrisburg, ON. Additional buildings have been added in the meantime and are in a St Lawrence Parks Commission owned and operated site known as "Upper Canada Village"; which shows an English-Canadian agricultural settlement from around 1866.

Costumed interpreter staff the site and special events are held throughout the summer. On our visit, a traveling circus from that era was in town, demonstrating this form of entertainment. This acrobat was part of the act, and I'm quite pleased with this natural high-key image.

http://www.uppercanadavillage.com/index.cfm/en/home/

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Acrobat - a natural high key image

Okay folks; I have a question.

My normal browser is Firefox, and I've been using it for a number of years because it is colour managed. The colours I see in my posted image match the colours I see on my calibrated monitor in Photoshop. I normal work in AdobeRGB because it's gamut more closely matches printer's gamut than sRGB does.

People have reported a green or cyan colour cast in a previous posting, and I just couldn't see it until I opened the thread in IE9 and sure enough the cyan cast was there. I thought I read that IE9 is colour managed, so what I'm seeing does not make any sense to me. I had been posting the AdobeRGB images and thought that perhaps that might be the issue; so I used the "Save for web" menu item in Photoshop and made sure that convert to sRGB box was checked.

When I open this image in Firefox, it looks fine, but in IE9, there is definitely a green / cyan colour cast even though it has been mapped to the sRGB colour space. Does anyone have an idea as to what might be happening and what I can do to address this?

Thanks

Manfred

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

This image looks gorgeous in every way. (I'm still using Firefox on a calibrated monitor.) Really, really nice image!

Real Name
    Bob

Ditto from me It is a great picture. Color right on. (I use IE9) Bob