Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bayou Troubles

Bayou Troubles

This is the bayou that I took the photo of the roots at and it did not come out as well as I wanted it to, but that was my fault. This one is the tree blocking the bayou and another log that came from somewhere else down the line. It was early morning with just a hint of fog. The area is marshy with lots of mosquitoes, gnats, snakes, many kinds of birds and wild hogs. Please any C & C would be appreciated. I hope this one is a little more pleasing to look at. Thanks for looking.

Bayou Troubles

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Bayou Troubles

Hi Carl, post processing can bring out a little more of the color and contrast you saw but I wonder if the shooting angle could have also benefited from being just enough to the left of your current position to open up the reflection in the upper section of water a bit? My eye want to explore upstream but the dead branch blocks the sense of being able to go there.

Re: Bayou Troubles

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Carl, post processing can bring out a little more of the color and contrast you saw but I wonder if the shooting angle could have also benefited from being just enough to the left of your current position to open up the reflection in the upper section of water a bit? My eye want to explore upstream but the dead branch blocks the sense of being able to go there.
    Thank You Frank,

Unfortunately there is a hugh thick cane break just to my left and does not open up till further back and further to the left. I will see what I can come up with next time out there. Could be tomorrow morning.
    The highest branch with no leaves on it is where a kingfisher sits early in the mornings if no one is around. I was able to see him this morning but not close enough for a good photo.

Until then here is a rework. I think it looks much better. One day I will get this PP work done a little better the first go round.

Bayou Troubles
    Last edited by Carl in Louisiana; 25th September 2012 at 01:46 AM.