Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Anyone need a sand shovel ?

Anyone need a sand shovel ?

I'm at the beach this week (daughter's first time to see it), so we are getting pictures galore. When I snapped this picture, for some reason it hit me, " High contrast B&W". Don't know why, but there was something about this candid shot. Let me know what rules I broke on this one.

Pondering:: "Wonder if there is a market for stock photos of a sand shovel?"

Re: Anyone need a sand shovel ?

this pic is surely and certainly bordering on being called an " abstract pic" but then again its not thats the best part of this wonderful baby pic: let the rules be thrown out off the nearest window! as long as the lovely babys moments are caught by the photographer! i like this composition.i like the gentle moment and expression of the baby but i see another good pic emerging out of this pic.......had the pic been framed or cropped at the arm of the baby,showing just a little sleeve,leaving the adult hand as it is! a abstract perhaps

agreed with the crop showing just both arms..

love IT! I love how this picture has a story.
    The only thing is the adult behind the baby. I would try to erase him/her out of there. This is a real good stock photo.
    Cheers
    ray

Thanks for all the replies! I tried the cropping idea, and while I did like the picture, I felt like the light seemed out of balance. I think I'm liking Raycer's idea and will try later. Will repost if it works.

Thanks again!

Try this one on for size.

Nice job on removing that person!!
    However, now I have to eat my own words. Now it seems like the baby is floating in mid air. To me the story is now kinda spooky if you know what I mean.

Perhaps every part of the story should stay as is.
    Ray