Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Roots (B & W)

Roots (B & W)

A tree was blown down on the banks of a small bayou and the roots left hanging out of the ground over the water looked kind of interesting and looked much better in B & W or at least I thought it did. Your thoughts and C & C would be appreciated.

Roots (B & W)

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Roots (B & W)

I agree that a subject like this is made for B & W.

The question I'd have about this image is whether there needs to be a central point of interest onto which our eyes can fix. I feel if there had been one bigger root/broken branch that dominated and was the main subject, we could fix on that and then our eyes could take in the rest of the scene. As it is, I find that my eyes are wandering all over the image without being directed to that main point of interest and helped to take ion the picture.

Re: Roots (B & W)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I agree that a subject like this is made for B & W.

The question I'd have about this image is whether there needs to be a central point of interest onto which our eyes can fix. I feel if there had been one bigger root/broken branch that dominated and was the main subject, we could fix on that and then our eyes could take in the rest of the scene. As it is, I find that my eyes are wandering all over the image without being directed to that main point of interest and helped to take ion the picture.
    Thank You Donald,

I felt as if something was missing, but not sure what. I tried cropping it in different ways but other unmovable and unwanted objects where then in the image. I'll put this one in the scrape heap and find another subject.