Thread: Lan

Real Name
    Ivor J Roberts

Lan

Lan

An image taken in the Lake District, North West England, Another from one of my favourite areas to photograph.

It is taken at Smithymire Island, Langstrath, where two rivers meet. Taken on a day when there was only 15 minutes of sunshine. Right place, right time

Title should read, Smithymire Island, Langstrath, Lake District, North West England, UK
    Last edited by IvorJRoberts; 20th September 2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Error in title

Real Name
    Ivor J Roberts

Re: Lan

I am not sure my last post So here I go again.

Lan

This image taken at a local Raptor Centre. Although I would rather see birds free, this visit was aarranged as a birthday present.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

The landscape's muted colors are very nice as is the composition. There seems to be a hint of morning mist in the background that goes well with the rest of the image.

Reviewing the large image of the owl reveals very nice detail. Great job!

Real Name
    Frank Miller

The first one is pleasantly peaceful but perhaps a bit soft. The detail in the second one is delightful to explore.

Real Name
    Mark

the owl is lovely, like you i love that area in the lakes, thats a very nice shot,with good composition, only thing for me that spoils it is the border, but thats just a personal thing.

Real Name
    John

The lake district is famous for wonderful near autumn shots like that and I would say that you have captured it and the lighting exactly. It reminds me of my film days - never taken a digital camera there. The exposure levels are pretty good too given the scene. I would have locally darkened the rocks in places a little probably but it's still a great shot.

White boarder - I've been lead to understand these were initially included in colour photographs to help the brain auto adjust for colour temperature. Thinner ones might be an asset on a PC screen too. More likely so the machines could easily hold the prints really as per black and white. I do think there is some mileage in the other view though. Pale boarders crop up in all sorts of images.

John

Real Name
    Ivor J Roberts

Regarding the white border, I actually downloaded the image of a print I mmade for the club competition. At least it was a good reminder to me to download just the images.