Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Pot of Welsh Gold

Real Name
    Tommy

Pot of Welsh Gold

My wife chose the title!

Hope this isn't too cliche'd. Would love to hear your thoughts

It was shot out of the back door of her family home in North Wales.

Nikon D90 | 18.0-105.0 mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 31mm | f/11 | 1/400 | ISO 200

Pot of Welsh Gold

Thanks for viewing

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Pot of Welsh Gold

love it, the dark moody sky and brighter hill tops, the rainbow brings it all together nicely, great shot i would say.

Real Name
    Sergio

Tommy, beautiful image. I love the rainbow , the clouds, and varying shades of green. I wish I had that scene out my back door.

I don't think the title is cliched at all. I can believe there is a pot of Welsh gold at the end of that rainbow.

Serg

Real Name
    Steve

pot of gold round there somewhere, but it looks an aweful long way to walk. I think the end of the rainbow is pointing at the pub

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

If there's only one pot, guess which end I'd choose

Nice capture Tommy, processing these requiries a careful touch and you have pulled it off.

The top of the bow seems quite low in height (compared to many other rainbow shots) and I'm trying to work out why, possibly the height of the sun, although EXIF says 10:50 (am) and we're not that late in the year yet, unless your camera clock is wrong (I rarely remember to reset for summertime/GMT) and cameras often make inaccurate clocks. Or may be there's another reason, but it's making my head hurt thinking, so I'll pack that in

Well done,

Real Name
    Tommy

Thanks Mark, Serge, Steve and Dave.

@Steve, there is actually a pub which is not far at all from the bottom of the rainbow on the right hand side. There's truth I that saying after all!

@Dave, I can only imagine that it is because the rainbow is the other side of the hill, which drops down a good few hundred feet over the horizon. Or is that not how rainbows work? I'm confused now and my brain is also hurting! Grrr! Time for bed!

Thanks for your comments and kind words :-)

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

If rainbows are cliches, so are sunrises, sunsets, portraits of adorable children, etc. When I saw this image, I immediately thought, "Oh my."

By the way, I hate to throw cold water on the subject, but I will eventually get around to proving that there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It was a major disappointment for me to personally confirm this. My only hope is that there was no pot of gold at the particular rainbow I experienced and that other rainbows do indeed have one.

Real Name
    Tommy

Thanks Mike! I hope you didn't waste too much time and energy chasing the end of that rainbow, spade in hand!