Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Malachite Kingfisher - and breakfast

Real Name
    Dave

Malachite Kingfisher - and breakfast

Malachite Kingfishers are tiny jewels, about the size of a house sparrow, and they are not easy to get close to. We watched this fellow one morning, saw he had caught something, but even through binoculars couldn't see what it was. I though we were too far away, but still tried a shot - and it was a very tiny froglet. It just shows the power of our modern cameras and lenses: it's not a perfect shot, but the colours still shine. BTW for any birders out there, you've probably spotted it's an immature!

Malachite Kingfisher - and breakfast

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Malachite Kingfisher - and breakfast

what a lovely shot, i sometimes see these when out fishing or kayaking, but never have a camera with me the, too much water around and other gear,lol. they are blazingly fast sometimes so conrgats on the shot

Real Name
    Joe

Re: Malachite Kingfisher - and breakfast

Hello Dave, nice image, beautiful bird. Looking at the image I wondered why the bird was sharp yet the vegitation closest to the bird was out of focus. I decided that you must have done that intentionally in post processing. I would have preferred just the background blurred. All said nice image showing a beautiful bird with breakfast.