Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Large File Transfer

Large File Transfer

I recently had to use a service (wetransfer.com) to send a CR2 29.7 MB file. It took a little time to download but still pretty fast. Just type in your own email and the email of the recipient and download the file then hit send, all for free. It will take 2GB at a time. When I download the first file it then gave the okay to download another file 2GB.
    I then later received a CR2 29 MB file back and it download super fast compared to download and sending. Beats the daylights out of Email, as a file that size would never work. I checked around and there are lots of this type of service. Just in case someone is like me and never new things like this existed.

Re: Large File Transfer

I used one company a little while ago and accidentally got locked into receiving Spam; which took ages before I eventually got clear of it.

Some members use MediaFire but I haven't tried it yet myself.

I will add your recommendation to my bookmarks.

Re: Large File Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    I used one company a little while ago and accidentally got locked into receiving Spam; which took ages before I eventually got clear of it.

Some members use MediaFire but I haven't tried it yet myself.

I will add your recommendation to my bookmarks.
    Thanks Geoff for the heads up, I checked it out on Cnet and its ranked pretty high among all the others that was listed there, but nothing was mentioned about spam on any of them that I saw. I will keep an extra eye out for spam and will post if I notice any.