Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Beautiful Light

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Beautiful Light

We had another morning of fog on Monday and I took a few quick shots on the way to work. C&C welcome.

Beautiful Light
    Beautiful Light
    Beautiful Light

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Beautiful Light

No 2 is my favourite. It preserves the mystery of a foggy morning with just enough detail to engage the viewer. I'd be tempted to crop some from both right and left because for me the interest is in those trees centre frame. Not sure if I'd cool it down just a little - maybe, maybe not. Also that bright patch centre top right is a little distracting, but with a little cloning and cropping - a really nice image.

Real Name
    Mark

1 and 2 do indeed preserve the misty ambiance, i think sometimes....well quite a bit really its hard to get good fog/misty pictures as they apear washed out or just out of focus, these are very good though, well done? Im always to tempted to darken the trees slighty in pp.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by bambleweeney View Post
    No 2 is my favourite. It preserves the mystery of a foggy morning with just enough detail to engage the viewer. I'd be tempted to crop some from both right and left because for me the interest is in those trees centre frame. Not sure if I'd cool it down just a little - maybe, maybe not. Also that bright patch centre top right is a little distracting, but with a little cloning and cropping - a really nice image.
    Hi Paul, thanks for your comments. I have had a play with several of these but will look at your thoughts also. i have use the 200mm lens to get these shots which seems to work better than a wider angle for fog.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by darknight View Post
    1 and 2 do indeed preserve the misty ambiance, i think sometimes....well quite a bit really its hard to get good fog/misty pictures as they apear washed out or just out of focus, these are very good though, well done? Im always to tempted to darken the trees slighty in pp.
    Hi Mark, thanks for your comments. I do like these two. I have tried a few different settings and on this occasion used an extremely high shutter speed as I was shooting into the sun (1/3200) and F:6.3 with the 200mm lens. It seemed to work but I'm sure there are better ways to get the effect. Theres only one way to find out.