Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Weymouth and the sailing

Real Name
    Julia Crockatt

Weymouth and the sailing

I know its a bit late but I have only just been able to edit these photos of my day in Weymouth watching the sailing in the Olympics. I am not very interested in sailing but it was a wonderful opportunity to catch the atmosphere and I arrived on a pretty colourful day. The photos I have put up emphasise the patterns and lines created by the boats

Weymouth and the sailing

Weymouth and the sailing

Weymouth and the sailing

Weymouth and the sailing

Weymouth and the sailing

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Weymouth and the sailing

Julia,

thanks for posting these. I also do a little sailing (that probably has virtually nothing in common with these guys) and was hoping we might see some CiC images from the Olympics.

Difficult shooting conditions, but #4 and 5 especially work, and certainly do emphasize dynamic angles and repetition of form. Number 4 might well benefit from a crop across the top and right side to get rid of a noncontributing sky as well as the lense bunny at the top. Typically with action shots it is recommended that we crop more closely to the rear of the moving object with more room in front of it to give it a place to move into, and our brains are just trained to look to where ever the object is pointing. This would have been a great time to have used a polarizing filter if you have one. Good job overall

Kevin

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I would agree with Kevin's assessment. I think the 4th image has the greatest potential, but the crop that Kevin suggest would strengthen it.

Real Name
    Julia Crockatt

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't have a polarising filter then but I do have one now!
    I have done crops on both #4 and 5. With #5 I have tried to tidy it up but I am not sure that it is 100% sharp!
    Weymouth and the sailing
    Weymouth and the sailing
    I also managed to get a picture of Lord Coe being interviewed.
    Weymouth and the sailing