Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Newbie looking for feedback on pics and post editing

Real Name
    Edin

Newbie looking for feedback on pics and post editing

Hello everyone, would like some feedback on some of my favourite recent pics that I have "readjusted" with very basic functions.

Again any feedback would be great

Thanks
    Last edited by Edinseye; 7th September 2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: clean up page

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Newbie looking for feedback on pics and post editing

Hi Eden

The first and last images are the ones that appeal to me the most.

First Image

The colour looks a little red to me. I'm not sure whether you've adjusted this or whether the White Balance is out but I think it could be "cooled down" a bit.

Also I think the image would benefit from an increase in the Shadows to lighten up the trees a bit. Also I think it could do with a bit more sharpening and maybe also some Local Contrast Enhancement (see the CiC tutorials).

Potentially a nice image though.

Last Image

This is a lovely scene with good composition IMO. The colour looks a little over-saturated to me and the image also looks a bit over-sharpened but this may just be related to the content and the way the light is falling on the mountain peaks.

Nicely done though.

Dave

PS: We visited Canmore on our recent holiday in the Rockies - what a pleasant and interesting town with some fantastic mountain peaks all around !

The first one doesn't work for me, there isn't really any point of interest so my eye just wanders around. You chopped off the tops of the trees, you aren't showing enough of the water for me to get a sense of what it is (lake, river?) and the same applies to the rock. They are there but I can't see enough of anything for there to be any context/interest.

By comparison the last shot is a much better landscape. You have a nice frame/foreground interest in the trees, some middle distance (the hillside jutting into the water) and then an interesting background. My eye is drawn nicely from the foreground through the image to the impressive mountain. A much better shot.

Real Name
    Steve

I think the last could do with a little clockwise rotation but it is nice and I like the water shots.