Real Name
    Hans

A new beauty!

http://fujifilm-x.com/x-e1/en/

Look at this beauty!

Real Name
    Richard

Re: A new beauty!

I could very definitely live with this one! I could not live with any camera that doesn't have a eye level viewfinder. I am not sure I would like the electronic viewfinder but the EVF on my Panasonic Dedicated Video Camera seems OK.

However, I am quite happy with my 7D and collection of great lenses backed up with my 40D and several Canon flashes...

Changing camera systems is like getting a divorce. It can be expensive as all get out! That's why it's best to be able to decide on the proper match first-off and then be able to live with the small irritating things that the match may include! The "grass is always greener" syndrome can be expensive both in marriage and in photography...

Real Name
    Hans

I'm looking for a lighter set.
    My 5D's and L Lenses are getting a little to heavy to carry around for a longer time.
    Leica M is to expensive for me so the Fuji X line is a very good alternative. The X-100 performs very good! But interchangeable lenses are welcome so the X-1E is introduced on the right time. Unfortunately I'm not able to visit Photokina otherwise is was the chance to have some hands on this piece.

Real Name
    Gretchen

Guys and Gadgets!!!

Real Name
    John

Olympus pen system has similar video of their product and I have to tell you, these videos are far more enlightening than watching some celebrity huckster try to convince of the POPULARITY of a system. You notice I emphasized popularity over quality.

Real Name
    Hans

Quote Originally Posted by ggt View Post
    Guys and Gadgets!!!
    We probably never grow up

@Shadowman: I'm not willing to make videos with it. Photography is still the purpose. But as I mentioned before, the DSLR stuff starts to get to heavy, for me at least. I just returned from a Wedding shoot and my back hurts from carrying the heavy stuff. That is my only reason and to be honest, I use the X-100 sometimes during it. The images coming from this tiny piece are of outstanding high quality.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Hansm View Post
    We probably never grow up

@Shadowman: I'm not willing to make videos with it. Photography is still the purpose. But as I mentioned before, the DSLR stuff starts to get to heavy, for me at least. I just returned from a Wedding shoot and my back hurts from carrying the heavy stuff. That is my only reason and to be honest, I use the X-100 sometimes during it. The images coming from this tiny piece are of outstanding high quality.
    When I mentioned video I meant how the camera was marketed, not necessarily the video function. Olympus used video to show the many functions and features of their pen camera that was far more informative than any celebrity endorsement. If you have a chance check it out.

http://olympusamerica.com/cpg_sectio.../productVideos
    Last edited by Shadowman; 7th September 2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: added link

Real Name
    Hans

Hi John, I misundestood your video comment.
    To be honest, I didn't watch the promo video's, just the specs were enough to impress me.
    I had already the Pro X1 on top of my wishlist but the new X-E1 stands next to it.
    What really makes me happy about this camera, except from the price, is the much higher EVF resolution.
    The EVF from my X100 is oke but thats just it. It could be improved and Fuji did it, same res as the Sony NEX-7, and that EVF is really great.
    Can't hardly wait to get it in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansm View Post
    I'm looking for a lighter set.
    My 5D's and L Lenses are getting a little to heavy to carry around for a longer time.
    Leica M is to expensive for me so the Fuji X line is a very good alternative. The X-100 performs very good! But interchangeable lenses are welcome so the X-1E is introduced on the right time. Unfortunately I'm not able to visit Photokina otherwise is was the chance to have some hands on this piece.
    Just two hours ago as I was standing by my 5DII + 100 macro with a 12 mm tube and a 2.0 Extender (all mounted on a tripod), taking a series of focus stacking shots (does anyone know how heavy this is?).

A stranger walked up to me and we started a conversation.

He was carrying an Olympus M43 camera with a 50 mm lens (which on 4/3 becomes a 100 mm lens), and I asked a few questions. Perhaps more importantly, he handed me the camera with a 100 mm lens, and I was blown away by the light weight and small size. I believe the body has a 12 MP, but could be mistaken.

He had been using a Nikon D700, with four or five the lenses, and simply grew tired of packing the weight around (to say nothing of the size). He has a lens for the M43 that would be the equivalent of my Canon 24-105 and I held it - I remarked to him that the UV filter plus polarizer for my 24-105 were almost as heavy as his whole lens. It's really remarkable.

Perhaps one of the best parts is that all his kit (body + four lenses), cost less than one of my lenses (24TSE).

It is a very attractive system, particularly for anyone that travels a bit. Even walking around in my city, I seldom take all my gear because it's too heavy.

I'm starting to rethink the whole thing.

Glenn