Thread: Sunset, dime a dozen...my 2 cents C&C welcome

Sunset, dime a dozen...my 2 cents C&C welcome

There's nothing new under the sun, but that being said, C&C welcomed and appreciated.

Sunset, dime a dozen...my 2 cents  C&C welcome

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Sunset, dime a dozen...my 2 cents C&C welcome

Maybe a dime a dozen, but you've still got to have the skill to be able to make a good image out of them and, for me, this one is right up there.

What a sky!

Normally, I'd say that to have any part of a blown sun in the image tends to kill it. Not here. I think the sky is so dramatic and powerful that it can compete with the blown sun and out attention is not dragged exclusively towards that bright spot.

Well done, Jack. I think that's a good one.

Real Name
    Tony Marshall

An impressive photo Jack. I imagine you only had a couple of minutes to capture that moment.

What camera settings did you use? (There is no EXIF data in the picture.) It looks like a high ISO was used (probably to freeze the motion of the people on the jetty), because there appears to be some noise in the picture. Have you tried reducing it?

Regards

Tony

Donald,
    Thank you for your input and your (high) praise, both are greatly appreciated.

Tony,
    Thank you too for your comments and praise. As you can see, the there was a space between the clouds where the sun shone through and it traversed it rather quickly.
    Apparently, saving the picture as a tiff removes the relevant data but from the original, it was shot at f/3.6, 1/1000 sec at ISO 160.
    Regarding your comment about noise, thanks and yes, I've gone back in and was able to reduce the noise a bit. It may have resulted from tweaking the contrast a bit.