Thread: Personal Preference or Is there a right answer? C&C needed

Real Name
    Gretchen

Personal Preference or Is there a right answer? C&C needed

Hey all, am back from the holiday travel and didn't get any reading done in Light Science and Magic--or anything meaningful accomplished! I did, tho get to experiment some more. Below are three versions of the same object, none of which are true to what I see with my naked eye. The flowers, as I see them, are a much darker red/fushia color with vibrant black markings. I seem to prefer the strong contrast created by the harsher lighting, but I suspect most people do not. The Higher ISO with no flash is probably more pleasing to most people --? What do you think? All of these were take using my Sony CyberShot, on the "background defocus" setting. The only think I controlled after that was the flash. I have completed NO PP on these.

1-Flash, ISO 200, F4.5
    Personal Preference or Is there a right answer?  C&C needed

2-No Flash, ISO 2500, f4.5

3-No Flash, ISO 1600, f4.5

To those in the US, I hope you are having a restful Labor Day, all others, well, I wish the same.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ggt; 3rd September 2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: forgot something, as usual

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Personal Preference or Is there a right answer? C&C needed

My general approach to the question that is the thread title, is that unless you are engaged in making a forensic record or a historical record for academic or other scientific research purposes that demands case total accuracy in terms of reproducing the scene as it actually existed at the time is required, then what is produced is a matter for artistic interpretation by the artist.

Real Name
    Cliff McCartney

Re: Personal Preference or Is there a right answer? C&C needed

Donald - I think I prefer #2. #1 looks a bit harsh, and #3 looks a bit dark and not as sharp.