Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Spraying Alonso

Real Name
    Phil Page

Spraying Alonso

After a long day in the beer tent and sun, followed by shooting the Formula 1 race and a scramble to a position opposite the podium at the end of the race, I forgot to change my camera settings - oops!

Got away with it though. Just

I like the reflections of the crowd and the Etihad Airlines cabin crew peeking out of the doorway, while Alonso sprays the crowd below.

D700, 70-300mm at 300mm and f5.6 (wide open), 1/400th, ISO5600 (as I said - oops!)

Spraying Alonso

Real Name
    Cliff McCartney

Re: Spraying Alonso

Great shot Phil. I see a couple of people just at the end of the spray, I assume reflected in the glass. Is that who he was spraying?

The guys in the door make an interesting contrast to the distorted reflections in the glass to the left. Also, his red uniform makes him stand out - my eye went right to him.

Nice work!

Real Name
    Phil Page

Re: Spraying Alonso

Thanks Cliff. If my memory serves me correctly, Alonso came 2nd at last years F1 Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi. It's kind of a tradition that they spray their celebrating team members in the pit lane below the podium after the National Anthems, before passing/dropping the bottle down so the team can have a sip of what's left. The two guys in the reflection must have been standing much further back on my side of the track.