Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Air Show

Real Name
    Jon

Air Show

Today was the return of the Air Show after a 13 year absence. Lots of great stuff and about 30,000 people. Here are some shots from the static display area and a couple from the arial. I have a hard time with the arial stuff, tracking is not my strongest suit. C&C welcome.

1.Air Show
    MiG-17

2.Air Show
    A-10

3.Air Show
    C-5

4.Air Show
    B-25

5.Air Show
    F-22 Raptor (could not get very close to these but they are pure evil looking)

6.Air Show
    Barnstormer

7.Air Show
    Barnstormer again

The rest of the planes were just too darn fast for me.

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Air Show

Beautiful work, made much more interesting with the other kind of shots that one usually sees - streaking jets etc.

Real Name
    Jon

Thanks Bobo. I do have plenty of "streaking jets" and "partial streaking jets" if you wish to view. All of a terrible quality.

Great shots! The streaking birds are easiest when you know their routine. I did this earlier this summer, I had three days to plan and practice. Somewhere I have pics of some of the same planes from when the Air show when it was out this way. Something to consider with your camera is to lower the image quality, to allow for a larger (more pics at once) buffer. Most motorsports photographer shoot in JPG instead of RAW for that reason. Always good to see great pics, thanks for sharing. BTW using lytebox and jumping from the Mig to the Warthog... scary!!!

Ryo

Real Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Ryogenetic View Post
    Great shots! The streaking birds are easiest when you know their routine. I did this earlier this summer, I had three days to plan and practice. Somewhere I have pics of some of the same planes from when the Air show when it was out this way. Something to consider with your camera is to lower the image quality, to allow for a larger (more pics at once) buffer. Most motorsports photographer shoot in JPG instead of RAW for that reason. Always good to see great pics, thanks for sharing. BTW using lytebox and jumping from the Mig to the Warthog... scary!!!

Ryo
    Thanks Ryo. Amazing the technology improvements over the years. I wish I could have gotten closer to the Raptor, that would have rounded out the series.