Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Three more from Aegina

Real Name
    Miltos

Three more from Aegina

Those three looked as not so good captures to me but since I like them compositionaly I wanted to experiment to see what can been done in PP. Since they are only experiments they lack consistency.

Three more from Aegina

Three more from Aegina

Three more from Aegina

It is the same place as another very old church I posted few days ago.

Any C&C is welcome.
    Last edited by MilT0s; 30th August 2012 at 10:04 PM.

Re: Three more from Aegina

These are beautiful images and you have processed them flawlessly, in my opinion!

Real Name
    Andrew

I like all three Miltos. I find the landscape in the second one a bit dark and think a wider spread in the tones of the trees would benefit if for me. The third is very good with the light drawing you in to an intriguing situation of buildings. I have been to Greece twice and love the place. I had planned on an extended visit when I retired but the troubles there halted any firm travel arrangements. Perhaps sometime in the future I will be able to go again. Thanks for sharing your great photos.

Real Name
    Terri

I really love the first and the third images. The coloring and other processing you chose on the first one are very appealing. It looks like a structure in the clouds. The last one is not only interesting with the structures built into the mountain but the progression of them leading up to the silhouetted tree is nice.

Real Name
    Orlando

I like the first and third. The first one is a good choice in color and design. The third one looks nicely haunting! There's a bit of a halo on top in which I would experiment in either correcting it or expanding it further out. I think you have vignette on that's causing the appearance of the halo after taking a second look. It's a matter of choice. I like the way it looks but I can see it being made not hauntingly to see if that would look as interesting.

Real Name
    Bobo

I really like 2 and 3. Learning a lot about landscapes just looking at shots by you guys.

Real Name
    Phil Page

The last is the pick for me. Nice use of a telephoto focal length for compression, vignette and I seem to recognise that Silver Efex border!

Real Name
    Miltos

Thank you everyone for commenting.

John I am glad you like them.

Andrew the original second one is dull and busy except from the little church in the front so I tried to underexpose the upper part to see if it can be saved. In the final version I like the church/landscape contrast that finally highlights my intent, the church/road alignment. If you plan to visit Greece it is the perfect time. As a tourist you won't be affected by the situation at all (except from the lower prices!). Don't stay in Athens more that couple of days since the countryside and the islands are more interesting.

Terri what I saw in the field was this church/tree curve and in this version that's exactly what I wanted to emphasize.

Orlando the original is not very sharp so I tried to save the image in PP. The vignette and red filter make the sky dark and highlights the tree with a glimpse behind that emphasizes the geometry and juxtaposition with the churches.

Bobo I am also learning to shoot landscapes. I am inspired by others landscape masters here.

Phil as I said those are some experiments. Actually they are experiments inspired by you and your blog! I admired your -more than- excellent BW conversion and I really needed to try Silver Efex so thank you for being so kind to share your workflow with us. Can’t wait to read more from you!

Real Name
    Miltos

OK, some new versions of #2 and #3:

Three more from Aegina

New crop, lighted up the shadows a bit, increased the exposure and some dodge and burn.

Three more from Aegina

I eliminated the halo on the mountain edge, some dodge and burn.

I hope they both work better now.

Real Name
    Orlando

Looking at it from my Droid mind you, but i now like #2! I also like the improvements to #3!!!

Real Name
    Phil Page

Thanks Miltos - you've inspired me to get my blog up and running again!!!