Thread: My Little Miss

Real Name
    Krisztina

My Little Miss

Following around my kids as they played out front today trying to get some more time in with my rented lens-
    I was so glad she decided to pick up the poor ol' umbrella that has been left out- and forgotten!
    I think the lime green compliments her top AND she managed to stay still long enough to capture some cute shots with it... She even makes messy hair look cute
    ...I admit- I have to work on the POst processing of this image- It can be better...

My Little Miss

Real Name
    Phil Page

Re: My Little Miss

That's one very cute daughter you have there! I can't wait for my baby son to get mobile - I think I've exhausted all shooting possibilities in activity centres, chairs, beds, loungers etc!

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Wow.. She is an adorable child.

Krisztina...

That is a great expression on her face, very expressive and complex.

Real Name
    Krisztina

Thank You- I snap away and hope to capture and not miss anything- it's still a crap shoot- but I'm trying! I wanted to share more from the day- most unedited... Canon 5D - 50mm 1.4 lens- Mix between AV and M modes... And hoping I have my setting right :/
    any tips, constructive feedback appreciated!

1. My Little Miss

2.My Little Miss

3.My Little Miss

4.My Little Miss

5.My Little Miss

6.My Little Miss

7.My Little Miss

Real Name
    Gretchen

Oh, she is adorable. It may be my monitor, but I'm seeing a lot of blue tints? I love how her hair is everywhere and her expressions look so authentic. You definitely caught some great moments in time!

Real Name
    Krisztina

Thank You- and you're right- some of them have blue tints to them, like the last one- blueish purple- and especially the first one-you can see it one her arms- as a shadow line.. I'm trying to go for a specific look- but, I haven't been completely successful at it- Ugh, if I had more time in the day and knew how to achieve the look I want to express... I'll keep at it- hoping to learn something/ get better at my settings/composition on the fly/get a better work flow/ style...
    Thank you for taking the time to respond and for giving your input!!

Oh! And it just also may be my screen- I haven't caliberated anything-yet! I did however, print some 5x7 images today of another "session" and I realised my darks/shadows are way darker than I thought...Ugh!!

Real Name
    Phil Page

My advice - stick to Aperture Priority/AV mode, and if your camera has it then Auto ISO with the max ISO at the highest you are comfortable with and min shutter speed at around 1/100th - that should be enough for sharp images of your moving daughter regarding eliminating camera shake and subject movement.

You'll then have more time to focus (excuse the pun) on focusing and shooting, knowing you've got the aperture you want and under your control while the camera sorts out the rest of the exposure for you - very useful if the light drops as well, or if you're shooting into the evening.

Oh, and another thing. All prime users have been there - it's the "I've got an f1.4, so I'm going to shoot at f1.4" syndrome!

You may find that shooting at f2 or so may yield slightly sharper shots yet still blur the background nicely. If you're in AV mode, you can try different shots quickly at different apertures and see if stopping down a little gives you a different look.