Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Fox version of sibling rivalry

Real Name
    Terri

Fox version of sibling rivalry

One was trying to dig a chipmunk out of a rock pile and the other apparently objected.

Taken at maximum ISO of 1600 and maximum aperture of 4.5. Not sure if the soft focus is blur from the 1/500 shutter speed or me not keeping focus as they rolled about the area. I had it on AI Servo but was not holding the focus button down while following, rather I was refocusing using back button focus just before pressing the shutter button.

My son-in-law and I are having an ongoing discussion about my habit of shooting in Aperture Priority all the time with the wildlife. My contention is that I'm already at max ISO and aperture so I'm getting the fastest shutter speed available. His contention is that he'd rather have an underexposed image that he might recover in PP.

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Fox version of sibling rivalry

Great images terri. Very unique captures. I like the second one best, only because you clipped the tail on the first.

Excellent job!!!

Real Name
    james

Those are beauts! I too like 2 better but i like the crossed paws and all business mouths . Great job of capturing the moment!

Real Name
    Chuck

Terri, very nice shots. Considering that you shot this at ISO 1600 I think the images are very noise free. Well done.

Real Name
    Terri

Thanks Steve, James and Chuck for commenting. I like #2 best also but it is the one that has the softer focus. Steve, you are right about the clipped tail. These are only slightly cropped and I probably didn't allow myself enough room in the frame for all the rolling around.

One thing I really need to learn to do is to shoot in burst mode. I've caught myself several times not doing that. I only shot 10 frames in 25 seconds and there were only 3 that had both of their faces showing. The rest were just a ball of fox tails and feet.