Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Milwaukee Art Museum

Real Name
    Abhishek Chandra

Milwaukee Art Museum

Took a short trip to the Milwaukee Lake front saw a beautiful sunset. I was walking by this beautiful building and couldn't resist to shoot a few. The first two are HDR's. Let me know if you have any feedback and suggestions for improving the shot or the post-processing.

High res at : http://www.flickr.com/photos/abhichandra/

Milwaukee Art Museum
    Milwaukee Art Museum
    Milwaukee Art Museum
    Milwaukee Art Museum
    Milwaukee Art Museum
    Milwaukee Art Museum
    Milwaukee Art Museum
    Milwaukee Art Museum

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Re: Milwaukee Art Museum

Beautiful images. My personal preference is for the color photos. I wonder what the images would look like if the building, below the "sails" were a bit darker. Wish I had taken these.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

A lovely set of images. The light is just fantastic. I think out of 3 and 4 the colour version is better because this image for me is all about the light and colour.

Dave

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

The first one is nothing short of spectacular. The colors and composition appeal to the emotions. The effective use of sunlight and artificial light appeals to the intellect. Superb job!

Both versions of the last one seem to have a post-processing mistake that darkens the sky around the foreground mask.

In the second one, would you consider it heresy to eliminate the vertical cloud formation?

Real Name
    Allan Short

I am with the others on this, you say the first two are HDR'ed, well to me this is how it should look, as compared to what a lot of others do (I know I am one of those), there are images that work well the the more heavy hand, but these are not those. Again well done, you have nailed it to my way of thinking.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Abhishek Chandra

Thanks every one. I realized I had made mistakes with the last three images, in regards to composition and editing. With your feedback, I will try to correct these. I personally love the first one the most.
    Thanks a lot for your time.

Real Name
    Gretchen

Very cool! I really like the angles. In the 2nd one, I think the cloud formations work well because they are also in a line and make an angle of their own. I think they work very well.

I don't know about the b&W, I'd probably like more contrast, but that's just my personal preference --I like thinks more dramatic . .

Thanks for sharing!