Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Still life with lens cap

Real Name
    Brad

Still life with lens cap

I inadvertently left my lens cap on the table when taking this shot, but I think it actually adds a compositional element that helps the balance. The foggy cloud in the background is my girlfriend hustling out of the way because she hates having her photograph taken. It was a long exposure. ;-)

Still life with lens cap

Real Name
    John

Re: Still life with lens cap

Hi Brad,
    I've been looking at your picture for some time and like the overall effect. My wife certainly would have quickly moved out of the shot as well; how are us Photograhers supposed to get our models. lol

I think cropping tighter might just focus the eye a bit more. Here's the sort of thing I was thinking of; just an idea which I will gladly take down if you rather I not post it.
    Oh, nearly forgot, the lens cover is fine IMO.

Still life with lens cap

Real Name
    Brad

Thanks! I agree that this pulls the viewer in more, although I was aiming for the feeling of a Renaissance still life and I think the glow of the candles on the wall at the left added a bit to that. The one thing I keep forgetting on photos like this is to use the smallest aperture possible. I feel like the focus isn't as sharp as it could be, although that's probably also due to the quality of my kit lens on this camera.

Real Name
    John

Brad,
    The main thing is always, "did it meet the criteria & goals you wanted"? If it did then that's good enough for me.

I like it the original as posted; alternative 'versions and views' can always be ignored.
    Thanks for posting my friend; I’ve enjoyed viewing and sharing views with you.