Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Members - Point us to your website here!

Real Name
    Steve

Re: This is my site (and I'm quite fond of it in a sort of warm cuddly way)

Yep yep I like it. I've seen alot of these and some of them are really good.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Clactonian View Post
    Here is my very rushed and neglected site.
    Mike

Very nice, clear construction (and the photos aren't bad either!). Only point I'd make is that it took me a couple of tries to work out that the home button when in a gallery, is your logo/banner.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Still not reduced my pics down
    I think you need to find the way to hide the thumbnail and link to 'Private Galleries' on the home page. But, as you well know, I don't know how to do that. So, you may need to summon the Welsh Wonder to get back on his charger and come galloping o'er the hills.

Real Name
    Steve

Cor, I like this stuff a little bit, I mean a little bit more than not liking it. There is exceptional stuff here, incredible which is a lot more than anybody described any of my pics as.

This is the sort of thing I like: Members - Point us to your website here! and it could be improved by removing the scorching in the base of the tree.

But I like it.

Real Name
    Steve

I like red x

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Only point I'd make is that it took me a couple of tries to work out that the home button when in a gallery, is your logo/banner.
    Thanks Donald. I seem to remember having the same problem. I'm sure there must be a simple tweak somewhere, perhaps I'll have another look.
    Mike

I think you need to find the way to hide the thumbnail and link to 'Private Galleries' on the home page. But, as you well know, I don't know how to do that. So, you may need to summon the Welsh Wonder to get back on his charger and come galloping o'er the hills.
    Hi Donald

I am not sure you can do that and still provide passworded access to non-Smuggers. I do have galleries on there that you cannot see but I dont want anyone to access those password or no. Rob may have some info but I have heard that wearing his undies on the outside of his trousers has caused some rather embarrassing chaffing so he will be ambling to the rescue rather than charging to the rescue in future.

Hi Donald

I am not sure you can do that and still provide passworded access to non-Smuggers. I do have galleries on there that you cannot see but I dont want anyone to access those password or no. Rob may have some info but I have heard that wearing his undies on the outside of his trousers has caused some rather embarrassing chaffing so he will be ambling to the rescue rather than charging to the rescue in future.
    Not sure I understand the problem here, but have you tried making the gallery unlisted? That way it won't show on the normal access to the homepage, but you can still address it and gain access with the correct path link.

Real Name
    Kay

Well as we know I try to support Rob with his new initiatives (Photoshop 1 was most fun ) - but I thought I can't do this as have created a flickr acct some years ago and haven't got around to updating it.
    But I do have this year responsibility for the Photo Gallery 2010 folders on the Basketball Geelong website.
    I will share the link as requested....but I warn you it is Basketball saturation so look away now....
    Basketball Geelong > About Us > Photo Gallery

http://www.geelong.basketball.net.au/fs_home.asp

Real Name
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    Cor I like the 360 stuff.
    Thanks

I'm a Smugee. I used to be with Clickpic but I could never remember how to spell it. The GUI on Smug is far superior to anything else I have seen, and makes it a positive joy to use. The images look great on Smug. I don't know how they do it, but everyone's image quality looks good on there.

I also think it's important to get your Flickr looking good. Donald said above something about your site being a reflection of yourself and your work, and that is helped if you spend a bit of time getting it organised and looking good. Put your shots into 'sets' so they are broadly categorised. And you can change the layout of your page, albeit in a limited way. Also, I see that a lot of Flicker-people have all sorts of crap screen-grabs/test pictures/edits of other people's shots, etc that are on show. If you put all of those into a specific set and make them unlisted, then they won't show. You can still post them into CiC and people here can see them because by quoting the link you have given permission to view, even though they are unlisted.

My links are below.

Not sure I understand the problem here, but have you tried making the gallery unlisted? That way it won't show on the normal access to the homepage, but you can still address it and gain access with the correct path link.
    I think you have got it there Rob. The private galleries shown in my public area are p/w protected but Donald quite rightly pointed out that that 99.9% of people do not need to be presented with that information. I will a have a play around with it again. I still have a shed load of stuff to try from the information you have provided.

My links are below.
    Not seeing anything this end Rob

Real Name
    Andrew Sharpe

Re: Members - Point us to your website here!

Hi everyone.

Here's mine: http://www.sharpeimages.co.uk

Made with Jalbum, using the Turtle skin.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Why did I never see this thread before? Mine is as per the signtaure below.

This got developed after a lot of huffin' an' puffin' on my part and lots of sound advice and guidance, particularly from Rob.

I have the URL of the sites of a number of you in a Bookmarks folder and and from time-to-time have a little browse to see who's been updating what.
    Last edited by Donald; 24th October 2010 at 10:24 PM.

Very professional site Andrew and some very nice shots tucked away in there. I definitely think you should consider a photographers pick page you do yourself an injustice tucking your best work away in all those images. One very valid comment on my site was that there are too many images (still not cropped them back as far as I should)

There is one thing I will need Donald's help with though. Ben Nevis Photo 9 and others.... Ben Nevis (Scottish Gaelic: Beinn Nibheis, pronounced [peˈɲivəʃ]). That pronunciation is beyond me....or is it your sense of humour

Mine is as per the signtaure below.
    I cant see your signature Donald.

Edit...hang on I cant see mine either

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

There is one thing I will need Donald's help with though. Ben Nevis Photo 9 and others.... Ben Nevis (Scottish Gaelic: Beinn Nibheis, pronounced [peˈɲivəʃ]). That pronunciation is beyond me....or is it your sense of humour
    Just go with Ben Nevis, the pronunciation is almost the exact same; e.g. 'bh' in gaelic is proounced as 'v' in English. Not sure what happened to the phonetics.

Number 9 in the Ben Nevis set of the Scotland gallery was taken from somewhere close to Fort William Golf Club. If you turned round 180 degrees you'd be looking at the house in which I grew up. This was the view I woke up to every morning of my childhood (but the trees weren't in the foreground when I were a lad!).

Real Name
    Andrew Sharpe

Hi Steve and Donald

Thanks for the comments. I was beginning to consider a clear out, and I think your comments, Steve, may just have been the spur I needed to get on with it, some time soon, definitely this year, or next at the latest, maybe.

I think I'd better take the pronunciations out from the captions, they weren't supposed to be humerous, though I can see how they might have been interpreted that way .

Thanks again.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

I cant see your signature Donald.

Edit...hang on I cant see mine either
    Have you got them turned on? (It's in your settings).

...thanks Colin

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast