Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: PhotoFXlab and B&W conversions

Real Name
    Ken Outch

PhotoFXlab and B&W conversions

Tried out PhotoFXlabs's latest release on a landscape which I then converted to B&W with PS's black and wg=hite filter. I found that the results of using Topaz following ACR gave much better results than just using ACR. I only have the one Topaz plug in, Adjust 5. I found care was needed in using Topaz as less was better; and it was too easy to go over the top! Be interested in others comments who may be looking at PhotoFXlab1.1. It certainly seems easy to use.
    Thanks for viewing and any feedback. Okay Donald, time to wheel an oldie like me back to the old folks home!

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: PhotoFXlab and B&W conversions

Hi Ken,

I think that having all horizontal lines in the image and no clearly defined object to 'zero in' on tends to direct the eye out of the image on either the right or left.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Re: PhotoFXlab and B&W conversions

I've been using Topaz Labs Adjust 5 for some time now. After removing noise, cloning out distractions and things like that, it is the next step in my work flow. Topaz Labs has some nice software, but I wasn't sure what PhotoFXLab would do for me and did not purchase. I also use Nik Software and am not tied to any particular vendor.