Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Kevin beware. The aliens are amongst and setting a GPS course for Ohio!

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Kevin beware. The aliens are amongst and setting a GPS course for Ohio!

To answer a request in a previous post I had to do a 'ghost buster' variation and go hunting for aliens in Mrs G's garden. Now I confess that I don't really know a plant from a weed. But these looked very much like aliens to me!
    Thanks for viewing and any comments...... Time for me to go, so... "Beam me up, Scottie!" No Donald, not you! The other "Scottie." The one from Hollywood. The one who used to have lots of Enterprise. Not to say that you don't as well, I hasten to add. Crikey, this is getting to be a damned big hole I am digging myself into

Last edited by ucci; 23rd August 2012 at 06:08 AM.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Re: Kevin beware. The aliens are amongst and setting a GPS course for Ohio!

Ken, you've found some interesting plants to photograph. For suggestions, the background in the top image appears a bit bright. The center image is, well, centered. I wonder how you would like the image if you cropped the right side broad leaf off leaving the main, sharply focused whatever it is and the left side broad leaf. Th plant in the bottom is beautiful, but slightly out of focus on the right side. I find the background on the left side a bit bright and wonder if you can darken it so the plant stands out more so. Having said that, they are nice images of plants that I don't see often.

Real Name
    Kevin

Ken,

Thanks so much for these shots. Either Ken from New Jersey has traveled a lot more than I, or I need to open my eyes where I am, but I never get to see this stuff. Marvels of evolutionary/creationist achievement.

To those who shoot plants regularly regarding Ken's centering suggestion: couldnt we think of a shot of a single flower as a portrait, with less need for the third's rule? I don't know what the custom is, and just wondering aloud.

Kevin

Real Name
    Gretchen

The first is my favor --crop it closer tho --I want to see what is in between the funky alien scales.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Hey Guys, you have to be kidding me, right? Like, I risked Life and limb, and could have been beamed up into their mother ship for a bit of the old total body scan stuff, just to get these photos for Kevin. There is no way I was going to hang around. It was 'snap the shot and shoot through', as quickly as I could. Hey, I am many things, but brave I ain't! So Gretchen, if you want to get up closer and more personal to those purple alien tongues, be my guest and go for it.
    Ken you are right quite correct and I agree all the backgrounds are too bright and need a bit of a burn. And the last pic does have focus problems. In shot #2 the LHS leaf is quite ugly and screams for attention ( an alien scream can be most off putting! ) but I was trying to keep the bud head framed within the V form of the two leaves.
    I guess in my haste to get these fun shots for Kevin I was a bit sloppy in my pp. For which I apologize.
    Thank you for your helpful feedback.
    Cheers
    Ken

Real Name
    Gretchen

Ok, I wanted a close-up and t his is what I wanted to see. You said I could . The alien tongue hanging out is a little weird, doncha think? What kind of creatures are these? Kevin beware. The aliens are amongst and setting a GPS course for Ohio!

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Okay Gretchen, to answer you, some folk would like to pretend that this is a succulent and a member of the crassula family and is the budding flower of the species Aenoium zwartkop, aka Canary Island rose or pin wheel. But some of us know better and reckon it is a refuge from Iota Draconioum b seeking asylum. But why, oh why, did you have to try and get up close and awaken it and then leave us here to deal with it?
    K

Real Name
    Gretchen

ROTFLAMO!

I so really like this forum!!!

What a hoot!

Thanks for taking the time, it made my evening.

ggt

P.S. to answer your question as to why I wanted to get up close and personal--well, you said I could and I"m curious. YOu didn't say anything about inconveniencing you. For which I am truly sorry. If I had known, I would have brought a Volgon CD of poetry recitation, so the refugee would be bored back into hibernation.
    Last edited by ggt; 24th August 2012 at 06:30 AM. Reason: forgot something