Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Busker

Real Name
    Victor Rakmil

Busker

buskerfest.jpg

I like the moody character of this photograph. I doubt it even needs a title. This is one of a series, the remainder are on my website. I wanted a scene setter for a series on a buskerfest, so that remainder of the shots could focus on the audience. I think the photograph works but would appreciate comments.

D7000, 70-200VRII at 200mm, 1/2000th, 2.8 (-67) at ISO 200.
    Attached Images Attached Images

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Busker

Nice capture of the fire, smoke and the performer's energy. Even though the background is out of focus, everything to the right of the performer distracts me. If the original allows you to present space to the left of the performer, that would be ideal. When a person or animal is looking to the left or right, it's often good to compose so there is space to look into.

Real Name
    Richard

Victor,

IMO, a crop that emphasizes the performer, his torches and the smoke might be the way to go in this case. I also increased the contrast a tad to bring out the smoke...

If you object to my pp, I will gladly delete it...

Busker

Real Name
    Victor Rakmil

Mr. Crowe

Thanks. Its an honor to have my picture edited by you.

I have read a great deal about the Cuban crisis and must say when I saw your bio on Smugmug, it took my breath away.

I understand and appreciate the comments on the proper use of negative space.

I will have a closer look at your photographs.

Thank you

Real Name
    Richard

The days of the Missile Crises were long-long ago but, I still remember much of it vividly. I lived near the end of the Naval Air Station Jacksonville, Florida's runway and when President Kennedy was giving his famous speech, announcing to America and the World about the missiles located in Cuba (the images of which I had ben looking at for several days), the Navy P2 reconnaisance aircraft were punctuating his speech as they were taking off. That was quite an emotional time and the last time I was home for about a week.

Real Name
    Joshua

The original is nice, but the crop that Richard applies really completes the photo.