Thread: Ready to scramble

Real Name
    Glenn

Ready to scramble

A line-up of spitfires at a Airshow at Duxford airfield c & c please.

Ready to scramble

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Ready to scramble

Glen: to IMO really set off them off it you could increase the contrast in the sky as it is drawing my eyes of the spitfires, and they really want to stay on them and only them. Like many I feel that the Spitfire was the most beautiful of planes ever made.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    John

Hi Glenn,
    It looks like you had a great day.
    I don't suppose they all took-off; that would have been worth seeing.

These were great planes and a credit to their designer R. J. Mitchell. Along with the Hawker Hurricane they shouldered the burden against the fight with the Luftwaffe in World War 2.

I like the B&W conversion; it sort of sets the scene, but I would be interested to see the colour version as well. (in hope you might consider posting it)

Real Name
    Richard

It's wonderful to see these magnificent aircraft looking like they must have during the Battle of Britain. I agree with Alan regarding the beauty of these birds.

I think that a closer crop at the top and at the bottom, resulting less sky and foreground in an almost "pano looking" shot, might place more emphasis on these aircraft.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Glenn took a copy (they are so beautiful) and tried the suggestion Richard made about more of an pano look, on my copy I removed the forground to just under the left Spit's starboard tyre, some of the sky was removed, moving the top of the image down removing the what I call the first cloud layer from the top. What happens it that the bottom 1/3 line lines up just under the prop hub of all the Spits. I was not trying for that it just happened. With these birds I do not think that you could ever mess it up no matter how you show them they are beautiful.

Again Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Glenn

Thanks for you comments very much appreciated
    As did they take of yes they scrambled all of them at once about 40 of them this is only the first wave (sorry about the photo did not have the right lens at the time)

Ready to scramble