Thread: Solid Color Dog -- C&C --Yes! Yes! Yes!

Real Name
    Gretchen

Solid Color Dog -- C&C --Yes! Yes! Yes!

Today I concenrated really, really hard on lighting. I found my Dad's old Tri-pod and took a gazillion pictures of my well-trained show dogs. They sat still. I produced one (yes, one!) Dog picture I'm willing to share here. This is Oscar, very patient, and very tired of Mom taking his picture: Solid Color Dog -- C&C --Yes! Yes! Yes!

What do you think?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Solid Color Dog -- C&C --Yes! Yes! Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by ggt View Post
    Today I concenrated really, really hard on lighting.
    And it worked. I think you've got very good lighting on this. Oscar's coat looks wonderful and it's not always easy to get that on dogs. And that's all down to lighting. So, well done.

Next steps are to think about composition and the things that you have in a frame and what you need to make sure and not in the picture. I appreciate that that was not what you were concentrating on in this learning exercise. I'm not sure that the toy works as it diverts our attention away from Oscar. And that bit of his collar that is showing is like a big beacon saying 'Look at me first". It would need to be taken out for any important picture you were going to make.

Real Name
    Gretchen

Re: Solid Color Dog -- C&C --Yes! Yes! Yes!

Thank you! I'm not sure I"m ready to gloat as there were only a few of the hundred(s) I took that turned out so nicely. Yes, I know the composition has much to be desired. First of all, I'd rather have his eyes open. And as he is my husband's hunting dog, the blaze orange collar is mandatory . They toy helped him to stay put and eventually he got bored and just closed his eyes. But as you said, I wasn't concentrating in any way on composition. I had a number of settings around the living room and was trying different colored blankets and backgrounds to see what worked.

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for taking the time. It helps a lot!