Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer driver problem

Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer driver problem

I have an Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer currently on a Windows7 Desktop PC. I am now in the process of installing all of my software onto a new Windows7 Desktop PC. This has been loaded with all the latest version I can find for my printer (Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer) and it’s displaying as being version 6.50. Whilst trying to copy my current settings (using “Utility – export/import") to the new computer I received an error message saying “Version error. Processing Cancelled”. On checking it seems that my old computer has version 6.61 and the new computer has version 6.50 that is an older version.
    I can’t seem to find version 6.61 as a download. Any advice would be appreciated.

Real Name
    Dave

Re: Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer driver problem

Is this link any use, Nodarvch?

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Fil...mrMR&id=324653

Dave

Dave I downloaded your driver and after clicking on "Setup" it seemed be installing, after a few seconds I received a message:- The Printer driver and/or utilities cannot be installed your Windows system.
    I clicked Ok then received another message from Program Compatibility Assistant: This program might not have installed correctly, then two options

1. Reinstall using recommended settings.
    or
    2. This program installed correctly.

It obviously did not install as it still show the printer driver version as being 6.50.

I have tried deleting the download and downloading about 4 times, even tried "Run" rather that download. But the driver never gets installed.

I see from the download information that the driver you suggested above was dated 3rd Sept 2009 and is shown as being suitable for :-Windows XP 32-bit, Windows 200, Windows Vista 32 bit, and Windows7 32 bit.

I have for some years used 64-bit for my photography work and assumed that as it worked on my older computer it should work on the new computer. I have tried Epson support, but still waiting for some response. (not very hopeful).

It would be interesting to know what printer driver version are being used by other Epson Stylus Pro 3800 owners. You can see this information from "Printer Preferences" screen view.

Epson have advised me about another driver for my printer, this being a 64bit version also 6.61. I downloaded this from and it installed with without any problems and my printer is at last working well. If anyone else is using an Epson Stylus Pro 3800 on Windows7 operating system make sure you download the following for 64Bit use:- (ID:324654)
    This is the link below: -

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Fil...003D&id=324654

I hope this helps other 3800 users

Thank you this has helped me get my Stylus Pro 3800 talking again after upgrading form WIN XP to Win 7 64bit.
    I was relieved that it all came together after dowmloading the new driver (6.61.1) as suggested here.

Cheers

Peter B.

I have an epson 3800 printer...want to do giclees...havent a clue how to use it.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Impressionist welcome to CIC, if you help if you added your real name so we know what to call you and where you are located as it is easier to direct you to the closest business or store that maybe able to help you. As this thread is almost a year old that you start a new one with a different heading on what you need. So just go out to the Image post-Printing heading and click on the +Reply to Thread button and make your new post to get some feed back.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Nodarvch View Post
    Epson have advised me about another driver for my printer, this being a 64bit version also 6.61. I downloaded this from and it installed with without any problems and my printer is at last working well. If anyone else is using an Epson Stylus Pro 3800 on Windows7 operating system make sure you download the following for 64Bit use:- (ID:324654)
    This is the link below: -

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Fil...003D&id=324654

I hope this helps other 3800 users
    The same thing happened with my hp 7660 when I installed on a Windows 7 machine. Currently using driver for an hp 5600 printer.