Thread: Two New Rescues

Real Name
    Richard

Two New Rescues

Our volunteer stopped by a shelter to place a hold on a dog and a man came up and asked her to take Romeo and Juliet to keep them out of the shelter. They were flea infested and filthy but, generally pretty healthy...

Here is a before shot of Juliet. She looks like she was used as a floor mop...
    Two New Rescues

After my wife groomed her. She's a very loving girl...
    Two New Rescues

A before shot of Romeo; he was as dirty as Juliet but his hair was shorter...
    Two New Rescues

After my wife groomed him and was able to save quite a bit of his coat. He's a cute little guy...
    Two New Rescues

Romeo and Juliet together...
    Two New Rescues

BTW: I don't try for great "before" pictures. They are just to give us a benchmark of how the dogs look when they arrive. I have to shoot quickly before they go into the tub for washing...

They visited the vet today for spay and neutering as well as some dental work and microchipping. They are sweet dogs, ready for adoption soon...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 17th August 2012 at 04:22 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Two New Rescues

More wonderful work by both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Two New Rescues
    That has just GOT to have commercial potential. People would line up to buy that as a card (birthday, anniversary, valentine's).
    Last edited by Donald; 17th August 2012 at 08:34 AM.

Real Name
    Richard

One of our volunteers is urging me to do a photo book of our rescues with before and after pictures and finalizing each dog with an adopion picture. I think I will do it, even it it is not commercially viable; it would be nice to have at our rescue events to give people an idea of what we do to and for these dogs...

BTW... I hope that no one minds my posting so many rescue images. Due to the financial problems here in the USA, many people are losing their houses and need to place their dogs.

Last year we had a total of 30 rescue dogs fostered in our house. So far this year; we have had 44 dogs go through our house on their way to furever homes. Prorated, we will probably end up fostering around 50 to 60 dogs during this year in our home alone.

Our volunteers foster other Maltese in various area of the USA. We have found that there are some areas that have a surplus of certain breeds and other areas which lack those breeds. We have found that older male Maltese will be adopted more easily in Oregon and the State of Washington than here in Southern California. This is also true for Chihuahuas.

A volunteer has donated airfare from his frequent flyer program (he is a salesman) and I will be flying an older male Maltese up to Oregon later this month. We have a foster up there ready for him and some applications for adoption have already been received.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 17th August 2012 at 03:48 PM.

Real Name
    Terri

That together picture is adorable! Great work, Richard - both in photography and with the rescues.

Real Name
    Richard

Here's another "together" picture...

Two New Rescues

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Did Romeo just showed a nice small grin? Hehe. Thank you very much for your constant encouraging stories about rescued dogs, Richard.

Real Name
    Richard

Juliette has gone to her "furever family" and Romeo is flying to the Pacific Northwest with one of our vounteers today for adoption in the State of Washington. He looks pretty sharp after our TLC!

Romeo:
    Two New Rescues

Two New Rescues

He is no longer the frightened little boy that he was when we got him. Romeo has been socialized and likes nothing better than to spend an evening in my wife's lap watching televisin.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Juliette has gone to her "furever family" and Romeo is flying to the Pacific Northwest with one of our volunteers today for adoption in the State of Washington. He looks pretty sharp after our TLC!
    The perfect ending to the story.

Real Name
    Grahame

BTW... I hope that no one minds my posting so many rescue images. Due to the financial problems here in the USA, many people are losing their houses and need to place their dogs.
    Richard, Please keep the pictures coming as my cat enjoys the ones where they have been given the humiliating haircut .