Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: PETCO Foundation Calendar

Real Name
    Richard

PETCO Foundation Calendar

I just learned that my image of Sophie, a Labradoodle that we fostered last year is going to be on the cover of the PETCO Foundation Calendar.

For my out of U.S.A. friends, PETCO is one of our largest national pet supply chains and the PETCO Foundation is their organization decicated to helping rescue animals.

The PETCO Foundation provides grants and donations to groups like our American Maltese Rescue. They sponsor formal and informal rescue events. We bring some of our rescue Maltese to a local PETCO outlet each month and the outlet advertises the event in advance. We have succeeded in a number of adoptions from these events. The outlet always has food and other donations for us when we attend. The PETCO Foundation is also a primary sponsor of the www.petfinder.com website which is one of the primary methods of advertising foster pets and bringing them together with "furever" families. In fact most of our adoptions come via petfinder postings.

The Doodle Rescue Collective, Inc. also used one of my images of Sophie as the label for their Malbec Wine

Sophie was given up by her previous owner because he did not want to provide necessary surgery which was going to cost about $700 USD. He asked the vet to put down this three year old dog! The vet contacted Doodle Rescue Collecive, Inc.; with whom I also work and the Collective paid for her surgery (which the vet discounted from $700 to $200 for our group). We fostered Sophie while she recovered from the surgery and then she was adopted by the Chairman of the PETCO Board of Directors and his wife. She is living the happy and pampered life she deserves...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 16th August 2012 at 08:28 PM.

Real Name
    Joe

Re: PETCO Foundation Calendar

Congratulations Richard, wonderful image of a beautiful dog. Being ruled by two cats, a Persian and a Maine
    Coon I know what joy and happiness they bring to the lives of people.

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by jprzybyla View Post
    Congratulations Richard, wonderful image of a beautiful dog. Being ruled by two cats, a Persian and a Maine Coon I know what joy and happiness they bring to the lives of people.
    I love Maine Coon cats and almost had the opportunity to adopt a Maine Coon + Norwegian Forest Cat cross. That was one big handsome fellow.

Real Name
    Terry

Congratulations Richard!

Well done and well deserved!

Your photography is only exceeded by your Love and Commitment.

You are an Inspiration.

Real Name
    Terri

Congrats Richard. Those are beautiful images and very deserving of recognition.