Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Critique Please, Landscape

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Critique Please, Landscape

I'm not sure if the road in the foreground spoils this picture. Any critique would be appreciated which would add to this image. Is it a seller, can it be made better?
    Critique Please, Landscape

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Critique Please, Landscape

The highway adds interest to the image for me because it is at an unusual angle compared to most images I've seen of highways and because it adds foreground interest that increases the three-dimensional nature of the image.

I don't like the strong cloud pattern, as it appears only on the left. Hopefully you can return to the same scene when a more appropriate cloud pattern is available.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    The highway adds interest to the image for me because it is at an unusual angle compared to most images I've seen of highways and because it adds foreground interest that increases the three-dimensional nature of the image.

I don't like the strong cloud pattern, as it appears only on the left. Hopefully you can return to the same scene when a more appropriate cloud pattern is available.
    Thans Mike, I', happy with the cloud but less happy with the road, but when you mention it they are traveling in opposing directions. It will be long time before I get back here.

Real Name
    Sean Fitzpatrick

To me, the road tells a story--that you were there. I could see this very nice image in an article about a trip or special place. Also, it looks like there are some black spot on the left side of the cloud, which you might clone out. Finally, the upper left side of the blue sky looks darker than the rest at the same level. That could likely just be the angle of the sun at the time, but to me it looks like some photos I take when I have my circ polarizer twisted around a bit too much.

Still a nice shot!

Thanks,

Sean Fitz

Real Name
    Allan Short

Wayne: other than the 3 dark spots in the clouds on the left hand side of the image very nice image. To me that road makes the image all the more stronger.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I agree with all the other guys - the road definitely makes this image. Without it, it would be an 'okay' image of soem hills. With it, it becomes a strong story, just as Sean says.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Thank you all, its good to get consistent feedback for my peace of mind. I have removed the black spots and will keep it for a special project later on.