Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Irish Fair-The Music

Real Name
    randy

Irish Fair-The Music

I further strayed from my comfort zone with the first two shots, please tell me how I can improve.

Irish Fair-The Music
    I occasionally convert my photos to B&W while processing and ended up preferring this image to the color version (no doubt due to several bad influences at CiC)

Irish Fair-The Music

The audience is free to move to their own beat at this event, as previously stated, this has always been a true family event. I have never encountered cranky kids, grouchy old farts, or drunks. However, there was a guy dressed as a sheep!

Irish Fair-The Music

Irish Fair-The Music

Irish Fair-The Music

Sorry..................couldn't resist

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Irish Fair-The Music

I like your B&W conversion. You have maximized your contrast and exposure range without letting the blacks get too muddy and the white is just along the borderline of being pure white. The framing is a bit tight for me. The crop is OK except #4. Watch out for those joints. Try not to cut people's body parts along the main joints. Glad you included the last shot on your post. Very candid. Nice!

Real Name
    randy

Yeah, I did notice the missing feet; I knew that was a problem. I just wanted to include both faces, I have other shots with feet, but either the poses were not as pleasing or faces were occluded. If only my subjects were more cooperative!!!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Just to add to Willie's comment. I think with teh first two what you have done has been done well. For me, such shots are all about the angles and the resulting composition. In the first, I'd be tempted to crop at the bottom to get rid of the barriers. I think you could go with losing a bit of the legs on that one. The second one is a 'head-on' shot and I don't know if you had options to move to one side or the other to create an angle.

But, like Willie, I agree that the last one is a great grab shot.