Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sharing a treat

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Sharing a treat

This is Bruno get his morning fix of a special treat at the front gate. He usually gets several weetbix, a couple of Grissini Italian Rosemary and salt bread sticks and a handful of Granita biscuits. Mongrel sheep gets better fed by Mrs Ucci than I do!
    Anyway, thanks for viewing and for any comments you may care to make.

Sharing a treat

Sharing a treat

Sharing a treat

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Sharing a treat

Delighted to see Bruno still in good health .... and Mrs Ucci. He's certainly a big lad when you see him alongside a human being.

How do he and Penelope get along together?

Real Name
    Gretchen

I wannnnnntt one!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by ggt View Post
    I wannnnnntt one!
    No you don't. Smelly stupid things. ........ Sheep, that is. Not Mrs Ucci!

Although, knowing, as we do, how Bruno is treated, maybe he's not like that.
    Last edited by Donald; 14th August 2012 at 03:13 PM.

I really enjoyed your series.. the interaction between Mrs. Ucci and Bruno is sweet, there appears to be no one in the world but the two of them:> And as far as feeding Bruno better.. maybe she does not want you to look like Bruno
    Donald, from your comment I would say you don't like sheep lol... Bruno does not look to stupid to me.. he has figured out how to get treats often from the looks of him.... smelly I agree with (maybe not Bruno).. have washed a few fleeces to spin and they are not the most pleasant thing.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Trina View Post
    Donald, from your comment I would say you don't like sheep
    I, sort-of, joke.

My job, as a kid (approx 4ft tall), was to go inside the woolsack (8ft tall suspended from tree branches) and tread on the tied up fleeces as they were thrown in by the guys shearing the sheep, so that more could be squeezed into each sack. The smell of the fleece of Scottish Blackface sheep is forever etched into my brain cells (ps - I actually liked and still like, that oily, wool smell)

Real Name
    Gretchen

Well, If I had a sheep, he/she would be a well-trained and coiffed show-sheep.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Donald has it right! Having spent many years around shearing sheds one gets hooked on the smell of the lanolin from the wool which permeates the boards and the pens. To walk into a shearing shed and take in the atmosphere is a great experience. City wallahs wouldn't understand and don't know what they are missing.
    As for getting on with Penelope? Bruno has his own yard complete with his own house with a feeding manger and a verandah over the doorway to protect him from the weather. It is beneath his dignity to consort with common cows!
    Bruno is hand fed on first cut lucerne, oats and hay with titbits twice a day! This is why he is as fat as a bush pig!
    As for Donald pressing the wool? Well, country people are eminently practical folk. They breed kids as potential work units that have to earn their keep! As an aside, down here, as far back as I can remember, wool pressing was done hydraulically in large bales suspended in wooden or steel box frames. And from at least the mid 50's or earlier the presses were power driven. This resulted in many nasty crush injuries and quite a few deaths, particularly amongst small boys who were where they should not have been when the press was activated. All of which was most tragic. It meant that the wool already in the bale became contaminated and had to be discarded with the dags and skirtings.
    Anyway thank you for your nice comments over my posts. I just hope that my little 'pixie-yarns' are appropriate and comply with the basic aims and meet the guidelines for CIC. And, more importantly, that they are not too boring.
    Take care all.
    old ucci