Lady with a cup of coffee.

Thank you very much for viewing.

Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Lady with a cup of coffee.

Oh yes!

A lesson in 'capturing the moment'.

I find that a very moving image. There are a thousand stories in that image. Some may be true. Others will be false. But we know that the lady has a thousand stories to tell.

I wrote before about how you show the respect you have for people in the work you're doing now. This has a grace and dignity that could only have been made by someone who has respect for his subject. If you told me that this was a very close member of your family whom you loved deeply, I'd believe you. That, to me, is the strength of the feeling I see you having for the subject in this image.

It is beautifully assembled image.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Lady with a cup of coffee.

Thank you very much, Donald.

There is an interesting story behind this image. This was taken just days before the heavy flooding began in Manila. I joined a local photography club hoping to mingle with other photographers and learn more from them. We met at a certain doughnut shop in an upscale part of town. While waiting for the other photographers to come, I saw this lady entering the shop. Instead of looking at the overhead menu, I noticed that she immediately looked at an specific part of the establishment and when she did not like what she saw, she talked to the store manager about it. I was only 5 feet away from them so I overheard what she said. She was asking the store manager if she can have one of the upholstered chairs to be transferred and placed near the entrance door since her "usual" place was occupied by some yuppies. The manager obliged. That's the reason why her chair looks quite different from the rest. That's a plus for me because I want her to stand out from the scene. I waited for her to have an interesting look before I pressed the shutter button of my camera and this was my only shot of her. I'm really glad she did not notice my camera is pointed at her letting me capture that genuine look on her face. In less than a minute after I took this shot, a lot of people entered the doughnut shop and it made the place quite busy from then on. I was probably lucky to see the "scene" before it happened. let's just say it's a lucky anticipation on my side. Thanks again for your warm comment.
    Last edited by jiro; 10th August 2012 at 05:08 PM.