Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Circle of Life. C&C appreciated.

Real Name
    Kris Harmon

The Circle of Life. C&C appreciated.

Whoever said the Circle of Life goes unbroken certainly didn't ask this fellow. My son and I found this on a little nature walk today. Comments and critique is certainly appreciated.

KHarmon

The Circle of Life.  C&C appreciated.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: The Circle of Life. C&C appreciated.

A good sharp image. You've got down nice and low and not shot it from above.

I might have been tempted to remove that bit of foliage on the right hand side from being in the shot.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Kris, you might try decreasing the brightness of the skull. If it is not blown it out, reducing the highlights may bring out more details, especially at the top.

Real Name
    Gretchen

Very cool find! I agree the top of the skull seems overexposed. I wonder what it would look like if you adjusted the lighting in a way most photographers would probably hate. I don't know how to describe what I am thinking of. On the levels adjustment on photoshop -I would move the black triangles to the right a bit. It would darken the shadows (I think) and increase the contrast. This would offset the skull from the background and kind of give an ominous feeling to the photo. Just an idea I had --take it with a grain of salt.

Real Name
    Kris Harmon

In the process of reworking this image to see if I can tone down the highlights on the top of the skull.

Donald, you have a valid point in regard to the foliage in the front. I didn't see it as a distraction when I first processed the image, but now that you mentioned it, it does draw the eye.

KHarmon