Real Name
    Richard

Malibu ready to travel...

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Malibu ready to travel...

Great photo, Richard

You've made a very challenging set-up look effortless. Keeping the detail on the pup's coat while correctly exposing the black bag with its own reflective surfaces was no easy task, and you pulled it off masterfully

Kevin

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

A really fun image! I agree that as simple as it appears to make this one, anyone who has tried it knows better. Getting Malibu to pose so well is icing on the cake.

Real Name
    Richard

My wife specifically asked me to get a shot of Malibu in a carrier. She wanted it to post on the www.americanmalteserescus.org website. We have a lighter color plaid carrier which I would have used if I had not been able to bring out detail in both the black carrier and in Malibu's white coat. The problem with the plaid carrier is that it distracts attention away from the dog.

Here is another shot of Malibu. However, he is not quite as animated in his expression as he was in the first shot. Malibu was very cooperative in this shoot and I only needed five or six shots to get these keepers.

Malibu went to his 'furever" home yesterday and he just adores his new mom and she just loves him. It is always a wonderful feeling when we bring a dog and a "furever" family together...

Note: most of the foster dogs who pass through our house on their way to their new homes need to be clipped down pretty short because their coats are usually terribly matted. Luckily, Malibu was able to keep his long Maltese coat. His new mom just loves that coat and is looking forward to the grooming it takes to maintain a longer coat...

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I actually prefer Malibu's posture and expression in the second one. The caption could be, "C'mon guys! When do I get to go?" If you would allow more space above and perhaps a little more to the right so he can look into it, this one would be the charmer for me.