Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Olivia - Profile

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

Olivia - Profile

A slightly different view of your "Baby Portrait"....I have always been fascinated with the odd proportions of babies especially the early years when they seem to have such a large head in proportion to their bodies. This was taken last year and I have only felt brave enough to post this as I have learnt from this wonderful web-sight that anything goes, good or bad the feedback can only make you a better photographer

Olivia - Profile

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Olivia - Profile

Gorgeous child and lighting!

As a stand-alone image, the aspect ratio is unusual. Many people will be put off by it, though that may be part of your creative concept. Considering that your child has such an intense look to the left, you could use a typical aspect ratio by allowing a lot more "empty space" to the left. If your original doesn't allow that, it could be created reasonably easily if you have the requisite postprocessing skills. Judging by everything else in the image, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you do.

Notice the slightly splotchy look in the skin. If you want the skin tone to be silky smooth, which is not at all a necessity, you would want to attend to that as well.

Real Name
    Cliff McCartney

Re: Olivia - Profile

Great photo Joanne, and Olivia is beautiful. I agree with Mike though - I think a bit more empty space to the left would be nice.