Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Llyn Mymbyr

Llyn Mymbyr

Looking across Llyn Mymbyr towards Snowdon in North Wales.
    Very near to Capel Curig.

Llyn Mymbyr

Criccieth Castle on the north west coast of North Wales.

Llyn Mymbyr
    Last edited by Keith; 16th August 2009 at 11:47 AM.

Real Name
    Rob

Re: Llyn Mymbyr

I love Snowdonia. Go there when ever I can. Been to a place called P.Y.B many times. If you like the outdoors you should have a look at a web site called geograph. I got some first's on it site
    rob

Real Name
    Rob

Heres a link to one off my firsts
    http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/940144

Quote Originally Posted by bucketman View Post
    I love Snowdonia. Go there when ever I can. Been to a place called P.Y.B many times. If you like the outdoors you should have a look at a web site called geograph. I got some first's on it site
    rob
    Thanks Rob, I will have a look.
    I don't get the chance to get to the Welsh or Scottish countryside, I am off to the Lake District in November to hopefully catch the autumn colours.

hopefully catch the autumn colours.
    There are some very interesting colours from pac-a-mac these days it is a pity all that scenery gets in the way of the tourists.

I am being facetious of course. If you are wandering up here I suggest Forest of Bowland and Howe Ghyll fells near Sedburgh. I used to beat grouse on an estate in the Forest of Bowland (It beats a paper round) the autumn colours are beautiful. The Howe Ghylls sit on the other side of the M6 from south Cumbria . The proximity to its big sister means it is rarely visited. In October I have walked all day without seeing a single designer kagool and slept under the stars with only fell ponies for company. If you really must go to Cumbria I suggest Copeland, Ennerdale and Allerdale in West Cumbria, much quieter and you actually get to meet real Cumbrians (wonderful accent).

I love the first Image but I am in two minds about the rocks in the foreground. The second image brings back fond memories for me. Black Rock Sands Municipal Campsite was the scene of many of our long haired wild boozy teenage Holidays in the 70's and a little later I used to camp at the same with my wife when we were courting.

steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    I am being facetious of course. If you are wandering up here I suggest Forest of Bowland and Howe Ghyll fells near Sedburgh. I used to beat grouse on an estate in the Forest of Bowland (It beats a paper round) the autumn colours are beautiful. The Howe Ghylls sit on the other side of the M6 from south Cumbria . The proximity to its big sister means it is rarely visited. In October I have walked all day without seeing a single designer kagool and slept under the stars with only fell ponies for company. If you really must go to Cumbria I suggest Copeland, Ennerdale and Allerdale in West Cumbria.

steve.
    Thanks Steve, I have noted this for future reference for when I visit, I am very much looking forward to it.
    My proofs come in Blue and Black and I am pretty low profile.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Keith

The first is serene. The capture of the reflection on the water is lovely.

I go with Steve's comment re the rocks in the foreground. Don't know if you cropped at the top and have anything on the original that you could bring back in to maintain the aspect ratio, but if you cropped those rocks out it would bring the key line of water/land down to the top third line.

ps - Thanks for the travel guide Steve. That's a part of the world that's on the 'to do' list.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Keith

The first is serene. The capture of the reflection on the water is lovely.

I go with Steve's comment re the rocks in the foreground. Don't know if you cropped at the top and have anything on the original that you could bring back in to maintain the aspect ratio, but if you cropped those rocks out it would bring the key line of water/land down to the top third line.
    Thanks Donald, it does seem leaving the rocks in was not the best thing to do.
    I still have the origonal, I will have a look and do a bit of cropping to see what I come up with.