Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunrise on County Road 2

Real Name
    Allan Short

Sunrise on County Road 2

Took this shot shortly after sunrise is morning, looking east along county road 2.

Cheers:

Allan

Sunrise on County Road 2

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Sunrise on County Road 2

Beautifully atmospheric.

For some images (and this is one of them) I don't think that all the verticals need to be vertical and horizons level, but I do wonder if this need just a bit of twist? I find that that roadsign being off-vertical, a bit distracting. I feel that if it was vertical then the image could carry the poles not being vertical and even the hills leaning down to the right a bit.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Yes on the twist. You might want to clone out the horizontal wires. Aside from that, what terrific lighting. Those wires and the road just carry my eye into the image. Who would have thought wires could be so interesting! The colors and composition are wonderful and make for a very pleasing image.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Donald and Ken you are right about the road sign, I did not even see it as all my concentration was on the low fog and those wires with the dew on and that beautiful early morning orange glow. Again thanks on that road sign.
    Went out to check that location as it is only about 1-1/2 minutes from my house by car. Took a look actually set up tripod and levelled it, there is not one item that is straight in that whole photo. The road sign leans to the left, not one hydro pole is vertical, even the camber on the road is sloped more to the south (right).

Cheers:

Allan
    Last edited by Polar01; 3rd August 2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: added a couple of lines