Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: easy,simple tips

easy,simple tips

Easy,simple tips for me.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: easy,simple tips

Not sure what your post is about. However, you're very welcome to CiC.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by unome 528 View Post
    Easy,simple tips for me.
    Welcome to CiC. The best way to get effective help is to tell us a bit about yourself and what you are trying to accomplish with photography, the camera(s) you use, and what post-processing software you have. It also helps if you could update your profile with the name you would like us to address you by and your general location. To do that, click on Settings above and edit your Profile.

Here is a link to some starting tips: How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

Real Name
    Richard

The great tutorials; a link to which located at the top of this page, provide wonderful information for both beginning and advanced photographers.

Here is a tip for any camera owner... Read your owner's manual and become absolutely familiar with it. Sometimes, owners manuals are difficult to understand because they sometimes tell you "how" to do something but not "why" you should do it.

There are various field guides for the different cameras which sometimes help a photographer (especially a new photographer) get the very most out of a camera. I personally like the David Busch Compact Field Guide for the Canon EOS 7D . There are Compact Field Guides for various other cameras...

Once you have read the owners manual - read it again and again! DSLR cameras and even sophisticated P&S, bridge and 4/3 cameras are complicated instruments with many parameters to adjust. It seems like everytime I read the Owners Manual and the Compact Field Guide, I learn something new about my 7D camera.

There is also a plethora of information both specific to certain cameras and on general photography available on YouTube. Do a YouTube search for the parameters which interest you...

Real Name
    Philip

Here is a simple tip:

Always make sure that a water horizon, in a photograph that includes the sea or a lake, really is horizontal.

Philip