Thread: Central library

Central library

My first Shot...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Central library

Hello and welcome to CiC.

In order to attract some comment on your image, you might find it helpful to read the following two threads. The first will help you post your images into your posts and the second will help you ask for constructive comment & criticism:
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?
    How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

I think you will also that people will be more inclined to comment if they have some idea of whom they are communicating with. You've maybe seen that most of us tend to use our real names on here. It makes communication more friendly and CiC is that sort of site. Did you know you can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Re: Central library

With regard to the actual photo.

There is quite a mix of old and new elements in that scene which could make a substantial impact. But, to me, that shot isn't quite fulfilling the maximum potential of demonstrating the differences between old tranquility and modern life.

It's almost there. Did you shoot any other angles?

The basic doorway looks good but the outside world appears a little too random. I like the Nokia sign but the cars are a bit of one and a bit of the other instead of just one well placed vehicle.

And I'm not quite sure what is straight here. From what I can see, the distant building vertical lines are straight. In which case I would consider skewing then cropping the doorway verticals to match.

This is possibly one of those cases where a well constructed and slightly understated HDR shot would work well.

Maybe I am being a bit harsh on what is quite a reasonable photo. But, to me, this scene has the potential to be something absolutely stunning with just a little more effort. Can you try a re-shoot and experiment with slightly different camera angles?