Thread: Stars and Stripes Forever...

Real Name
    Joe

Stars and Stripes Forever...

As a veteran our flag has a special meaning and devotion. Yesterday my wife and I were at a county park on the coast to photograph birds. I saw this flag on the way into the park, but the sky was overcast. I made a mental note that if the sky cleared I would photograph it on the way out. I was not disappointed. C&C welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Stars and Stripes Forever...

Real Name
    John

Re: Stars and Stripes Forever...

Hi Joe,
    well worth the wait, I love the way you have captured the flag.
    As for C&C, I would not change a thing.

The color of the sky really seems to set the colors of the flag off really great! The colors are crisp, bright and sharp plus you caught it just right in the wind. I too am a veteran and really enjoy seeing the American Flag you've done a great job in capturing it the way you did.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    Hi Joe,
    well worth the wait, I love the way you have captured the flag.
    As for C&C, I would not change a thing.
    Hello John, thank you for your comment and taking the time to look at the image.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Carl in Louisiana View Post
    The color of the sky really seems to set the colors of the flag off really great! The colors are crisp, bright and sharp plus you caught it just right in the wind. I too am a veteran and really enjoy seeing the American Flag you've done a great job in capturing it the way you did.
    Thanks Carl for your kind words. Welcome home my friend.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

That is a very good image of the flag. You've got the sharpness just spot-on and you've got good rich tones in it.

It is interesting how, around the world, we all attach varying importance to icons and symbols within our societies. I know that in the US the flag has a much greater role and importance than it does for the overwhelming majority of people in the UK. Sure, we have people who wave the flag, but having been privileged to spend two periods of time in the US, I think I appreciate that what the flag represents for so many of you folk is much, much deeper and more profound than it is for people here in the UK.

And that is what is great about the cultural diversity of us all around the world. Different things have different meanings for different people, but hopefully we can all understand these and get along with each other.

Good work, Joe.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I hope nobody is offended that the American flag doesn't have much meaning for me either good or bad even though I'm an American. (I won't bore you with an explanation of why that's so.) However, if you review images of all of the national flags of the world, I think you'll agree with me that the American flag is very different from almost all other flags. I happen to really like the graphic design of the flag, so I photograph it as often as possible.

I would be very pleased to have made this image. Congratulations, Joe!

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    That is a very good image of the flag. You've got the sharpness just spot-on and you've got good rich tones in it.

It is interesting how, around the world, we all attach varying importance to icons and symbols within our societies. I know that in the US the flag has a much greater role and importance than it does for the overwhelming majority of people in the UK. Sure, we have people who wave the flag, but having been privileged to spend two periods of time in the US, I think I appreciate that what the flag represents for so many of you folk is much, much deeper and more profound than it is for people here in the UK.

And that is what is great about the cultural diversity of us all around the world. Different things have different meanings for different people, but hopefully we can all understand these and get along with each other.

Good work, Joe.
    Thanks Donald, I appreciate you taking time to view and comment. In you comment regarding what the flag represents I wonder if it is the flag of the United Kingdom or the flag of Scotland that you are refering to. If I asked you where are you from I doubt you would say the United Kingdom, I believe you would say Scotland. The same as those that own winter homes in the community I live in say they come from Wales, Ireland (meaning Northern Ireland) and Scotland. You are more country specific whereas our country is the United States of America. Also comes from serving under it during Vietnam and having five close friends die there two weeks before our tour was finished. When I see the flag I think of them and duty to country. Thanks again for your kind words.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    I hope nobody is offended that the American flag doesn't have much meaning for me either good or bad even though I'm an American. (I won't bore you with an explanation of why that's so.) However, if you review images of all of the national flags of the world, I think you'll agree with me that the American flag is very different from almost all other flags. I happen to really like the graphic design of the flag, so I photograph it as often as possible.

I would be very pleased to have made this image. Congratulations, Joe!
    Thanks Mike, I respect and honor your opinion. I appreciate your comment and viewing of my image. Keep shooting.