Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sun setting on the lake

Real Name
    Ron Lane

Sun setting on the lake

I took this picture at the lake with a Canon T3i with a 55-250 glass. 1/800, 4.0, 400 ISO with a 55.0 mm focal length. It still seems a little dark to me and I had to use photoshop elements to get more blue in it. Any advice or comments that you have is welcome to help me improve my shots. (Oh, I did not have a tripod on this shoot).

Sun setting on the lake
    Last edited by ronlane; 23rd July 2012 at 12:53 PM.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Sun setting on the lake

Me thinks that you forgot something, like the image of the sun setting on the lake, but that could just be me. Try reading on how to post, very quick and easy.

Cheers:

Allan

We have just been discussing level horizons on another post, Ron, and you also seem to have an excessive amount of 'earth curvature' here.

If you add extra brightness you will have to be careful not to increase the highlights. So it will mean adjusting the shadows/midtones only or using a layer plus mask to limit the area of adjustment.

Personally, I think the slightly subtle, sombre, tone here works well and extra adjustment could easily ruin the effect.

Real Name
    Ron Lane

Thanks Geoff. I am new to this, can you please explain more about the curvature?

I appreciate any help in learning.
    Last edited by ronlane; 24th July 2012 at 09:09 PM.