Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Candy striped arches

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Candy striped arches

Cathedral-Mosque of Cordoba, Spain. Converted from a color slide captured in 1995.

C&C encouraged, as always.

Candy striped arches

Real Name
    Helen Wood

Re: Candy striped arches

Very nice- love the way the light is hitting the 2nd arch. Are the first set of pillars a little off vertical? Seems noticeable in the one on the right. What were the colours like? I'd love to see the colour version to compare but the B&W works really well.

Real Name
    Bobo

Very cool shot. I like it.

Thanks, folks!

Helen: Notice that the foreground pillar on the right is leaning to the left and the pillar immediately beyond it is leaning to the right. Overall, I think the entire image is probably leaning a little to the right but I leveled it this way because of how my eye sees the strength of the two foreground pillars.

You asked for the color image:

Candy striped arches

Real Name
    Terri

I love the way you set up that shot to look diagonally through all those arches. But I guess I'm just not a connoisseur of B&W because I love the color version so much better - but that's the way I am with most images. I do love the textures and light. This is a great picture!

Real Name
    Helen Wood

Thanks for posting the colour version. I actually am a bit surprised that I prefer the B&W for some reason that I just can't articulate . I see what you mean about the tilt of the following pillars. Thanks for sharing both

I actually prefer the B&W also, Helen. Glad to share both with you.

Quote Originally Posted by terrib View Post
    I love the way you set up that shot to look diagonally through all those arches. But I guess I'm just not a connoisseur of B&W because I love the color version so much better
    You can imagine how difficult it was to get this shot through all of those arches with no tourists. There are actually a couple tourists in it that happened to walk behind different columns at exactly the same time. Though it was 17 years ago, I remember it like it was yesterday. Not to worry about not liking B&W; I have never acquired a taste for beer and it isn't for lack of trying.