D7000, 16-85, Comments welcome

A few from the Luberon

A few from the Luberon

A few from the Luberon

A few from the Luberon

Real Name
    Gillie Bengough

Re: A few from the Luberon

Exquisite light illuminating the earth tones of the old buildings; I can almost smell the baguettes, the coffee, and because I am a woman of a certain age, the Gaulois. The lavender is gorgeous too, leading one's eyes to the distant hills.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

The first is my favourite Jeff.

#1 I like the depth, the angle of the light, illuminating the buildings and the distant valley beyond the shadow of the hill you are on.

#2 is nice, not as much to hold the interest compared to the village shots though, perhaps I just want to look at them some more

#3 has a bit too much dim/shadow foreground for my taste, I find it better with 10% hidden at the bottom of frame, but that makes the streetlamp in lower left corner more distracting.

#4 hmmm, viewed large, full screen in the Lytebox, this is great, I may have to change my favourite.

Initially, viewed small in the thread, I thought #4 was too contrasty and had too many subjects; foreground, building on right with that beautiful texture in the stonework, plus the closer view of the villages and hills beyond, but in the Lytebox, well, it's like I am there (with a pair of binoculars)

You consistently achieve with colour what Donald achieves in monochrome, for landscapes.

I am not a landscape shooter, on the odd occasion I try, I usually find (when reviewing in PP), that I made some basic error that spoils what might have been a nice shot - in short, I rush it. You inspire me to try harder next time, in fact I think Rebecca and I will go out specificlly to shoot a landscape like this in the next few weeks, weather permitting.

Great series thank you for sharing,

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by gilliebg View Post
    Exquisite light illuminating the earth tones of the old buildings; I can almost smell the baguettes, the coffee, and because I am a woman of a certain age, the Gaulois. The lavender is gorgeous too, leading one's eyes to the distant hills.
    Many thanks for the kind words, for the record, there's still plenty of Gaulois fumes !

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    The first is my favourite Jeff.

I am not a landscape shooter, on the odd occasion I try, I usually find (when reviewing in PP), that I made some basic error that spoils what might have been a nice shot

Me too, I often make errors of this type, which is why I tend to visit the same spots repeatedly. For example, here's the effect of getting my compass reading wrong - I should have been on the other side of that hill !

Many thanks for the critique, most helpful.

Jeff

A few from the Luberon

Real Name
    Bobo

Wonder where you had disappeared to. Was missing my daily landscape injections.