Thread: Nova Friburgo (Brazil)

Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

Nova Friburgo (Brazil)

Dear all,
    Below is a picture from a park that I visited 2 weeks ago. Hope you like it.
    Nova Friburgo (Brazil)

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Nova Friburgo (Brazil)

Hi, Otavio

Looks like a great place to visit. The mountain is clearly the dominant element here, and is contrasted nicely by the cloud over it. But competing strongly with it is the little white building to the left. White always pulls the eyes, so I would recommend cropping just to the right of the building, and at the juncture of the water and the bank at the bottom. Add a bit of contrast and nudge down the exposure, and I think you can make the mountain pop, and take advantage of those nice diagonals. Hope this has helped,

Kevin

Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

Hi,Kevin

I tried to follow your suggestion. To me, it really drives the attention to the mountain now. Is the result (after PP) what you expected? I increased contrast a bit and just reduced 0,3 the exposure.Thanks for taking your time!
    Nova Friburgo (Brazil)

Real Name
    Kevin

Nicely done, Otavio. It's all about the mountain now, and you've nicely increased the saturation of the magenta on the trees and the mountain foilage. Now if you could get your significant other to just stand on the apex for a little perspective...