Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: British Summertime

British Summertime

Warning: I am probably going to bore the socks off you with my holiday snaps over the next few posts. This first set typifies our British summer. Actually this was the worst day, Shots are taken in Weymouth from a restaurant window.

British Summertime

British Summertime

British Summertime

British Summertime

Re: British Summertime

All pics have camera(s) looking back to you .. :-) Are those security cameras??

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Ajith,

You've been quiet lately
    Anyway, you're here now

I can answer that; yes and no.

In pics 1 and 3, yes; the thing on the pole is a CCTV security camera (very wisely in a weatherproof ball for pan and tilt! - they usually have a screen wiper too, I wonder why )

In pics 2 and 4, no; the things atop the pedestrian crossing/traffic lights are merely IR sensors to detect when there is traffic approaching or people crossing, etc.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Ajith,

You've been quiet lately
    Anyway, you're here now

I can answer that; yes and no.

In pics 1 and 3, yes; the thing on the pole is a CCTV security camera (very wisely in a weatherproof ball for pan and tilt! - they usually have a screen wiper too, I wonder why )

In pics 2 and 4, no; the things atop the pedestrian crossing/traffic lights are merely IR sensors to detect when there is traffic approaching or people crossing, etc.

Cheers,
    Thanks for the answers Dave, those cameras are making people "Jason Bourne" :-)